The Michigan Center for Progressive Public Policy (MCP3) is sponsoring a FREE community roundtable on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 10:30 am in the Midland Room at the Grand Traverse Pie Company located at 2600 N Saginaw Rd in Midland, MI.
This timely conversation will be led by Dr. Dave Green, and include a short introduction to health care in the USA and its place in the developed world.
The three topics of the informal, 2-hour group discussions will include:
Costs of Health Care in the USA
- Rx charges
- Wages of professionals (Drs and Nurses)
- Insurance company profits
- Big Pharma
Preventative vs Reactive Health Care
- Healthy lifestyle
- Alternative therapies
- Education on health care at school
- Taxes/disincentives to buy unhealthy processed foods
- Incentives to buy nutritious food
- Food production regulations
Technology in Healthcare
- Personalized Health care using DNA
- Personalized dietary advice using gut microbiome data
- Personalized lifestyle advice based on monitoring of vital signs daily
- The role of big data
You can help make this agenda more personally meaningful by answering the following questions by noon on Friday, March 8.
We hope you'll not only take the time to complete this 3 minute survey, but also bring a family member or friend to the roundtable discussion this Saturday.
Thanks in advance for you interest!