Urgent Action is required!
We need your help!
The Michigan GOP has introduced a package of voter suppression bills in the Michigan Senate that would restrict our freedom to vote.
These bills propose to :
- ·Require a photocopy of ID with an absentee ballot application.
- ·Prevent Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson from sending absentee ballot applications to voters.
- ·Ban clerks from providing prepaid postage for mail ballots.
- Limit the power of large Board of Canvassers by increasing the size to 6 or 8 canvassers and requiring only 2 or 3 members from the same party to block action, threatening the ability to certify elections in the future.
- And more obstacles to voting
To view the full summary of the full package bills (S.B. 285-299), click here
Please join one of the two Midland County Democrat’s “Stop Michigan Republicans Voter Suppression" phone banks. The purpose is to train how to call other Democrats in Mid-Michigan area and inform and encourage them to call their State Senator and State Representatives and tell them to drop these MI GOP voter suppression bills.
Our virtual Zoom training sessions are set for Thursday, April 29th at 7p.m. or on Sat. May 1st at 11 a.m. Encourage your family, friends and neighbors to join you for one or both meetings.
Click here for the April 29th at 7pm Zoom meeting !
Click here for the May 1st at 11am Zoom meeting !